Updated as of June 10, 2012
1. Personal Information
- Non-Account Activity. You can read The Executive Pay articles and comments without having a The Executive Pay Account.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on The Executive Pay, such as voting, posting comments, or making recommendations, require you to have a The Executive Pay Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a The Executive Pay Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A The Executive Pay Account allows you to access many of our services that require registration.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use The Executive Pay, your recommendation list, your published articles, the contacts you communicate with, as well as information you display or click on in The Executive Pay (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account.
- Published Content. Any personal information or textual content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages area, within your profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through The Executive Pay Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of The Executive Pay Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name and full name are displayed to other Users when you submit articles and comments or send messages through The Executive Pay Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any articles and comments that you submit to The Executive Pay Sites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media collections, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major The Executive Pay Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, network information, etc.) to improve the quality and design of The Executive Pay Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
3. Publicly Available Information
- When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your full name, your address, and the articles that you have written, commented, voted, or recommended.
- You may also choose to add personal information that will visible to other Users on your user page. This may include your profile picture and other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your user page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed friends or other Users.
- Your activity on The Executive Pay will be displayed to other Users. Such activity may include your article and friend lists on this site.
4. Your Choices
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through The Executive Pay Sites, in which case you can still read articles or comments, and explore The Executive Pay Sites, but The Executive Pay may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account page and choosing the Edit option.
- You may control the information that is available to other Users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your account and the features that are included on your account page.
5. Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
The Executive Pay does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.